* Grilling summer meals need a clean grill. Remove the grates from the inside of the grill and clean with oven cleaner for the designated amount of time. Then wash off with warm soapy water.
* Summer mats for the doors. Summer means school is out and the kids are home. Use mats to catch the extra dirt from coming in and out of the house.
* Flip your mattress. Mattresses should be cleaned and flipped about twice a year, one in the winter and one in the summer in order to avoid dust and mites. Simply use the soft brush attachment of the vacuum and run it over the top of the mattress. Next, remove the mattress and vacuum the top of the box spring. Lastly, flip the mattress and vacuum the new top side.
* Summer travel plans means packing and living out of suitcases for a while. Vacuum the inside and outside of your luggage and travel bags. Also, use a vinegar- water solution to get rid of the musty smell from storing. When storing your luggage and travel bags for the next time place them in a bow with baking soda to absorb odor and moisture.
* Invite the sunlight in by cleaning your windows and screens. Take off your screens and use 1/4 cup of an all-purpose cleaner in a bucket and scrub the screen on a flat surface. Spray the cleaner off and shake the excess water away, then put the screen back into place to dry out. Don’t forget to wash the windows while the screens are off.
* Clean and maintain your air conditioner. Place filters in your air duct register to keep dust out of your home. Clean the filter and vacuum the coils at the beginning and end of the summer season to reduce the number of dust and allergen particles. Also at the end of the season, clean the vent and registers by removing the registers and vacuuming away the dust.
Plan ahead. Clean the gutters before the summer thunderstorms come. Schedule maintenance for your furnace.